This course is Home Office accredited and approved.
We’ve worked closely with the Home Office’s, Office of Security and Counter Terrorism department, to produce the latest and very best in Prevent Duty training.
Prevent is the Government’s strategy to stop people becoming involved in violent extremism or supporting terrorism. Channel is an early intervention multi-agency process designed to safeguard vulnerable people from being drawn into violent extremist or terrorist behaviour.
In this course you will learn about the Prevent strategy and the Channel process and what you should do if you believe that someone you know is vulnerable to being exploited or radicalised.
In this course you will learn about:
- The range of threats we face
- What extremism is and how it’s linked to terrorism
- The processes of radicalisation
- The role of social media
- What religion has to do with it
- The key legislation and recent updates
- The government’s counter-terrorism strategy - CONTEST
- The Prevent strategy and the Prevent duty; what it means to different sectors and who it applies to
- Channel – what it is and how it helps those at risk
- How radicalisation occurs
- What the signs of radicalisation are
- What makes people vulnerable
- How to report concerns
- How to help prevent violent extremism