This course gives an overview of epilepsy, including causes, symptoms, treatments, what to do if someone has a seizure, and the legal position with regard to employment and driving.
Different types of seizure are explained, and seizures not associated with epilepsy are also described.
The course is an overview of epilepsy for people who might come into contact with colleagues, service users and friends who have epilepsy and who want to be able to recognise a seizure and know how to deal with it.
In this course you will learn:
- What epilepsy is
- About the different types of seizure
- What triggers seizures
- How epilepsy is controlled
- What to do if someone has a seizure
- The law relating to working or employing someone with epilepsy
- The law relating to driving with epilepsy